- 2018 (439)
- 2017 (539)
- 2016 (440)
- 2015 (338)
- 2014 (327)
- 2013 (324)
- 2012 (39)
Alberta has some of the most passionate entrepreneurs in the world, and after 75 years of business in Alberta, ATB has learned what makes those entrepreneurs flourish.
Through the Alberta Chambers of Commerce, our members receive preferred pricing on Merchant Services through ATB, including stable and reasonable rates on Visa and Mastercard transactions, and low service and terminal rental fees.
Plus when you sign up for ATB Merchant Services, you'll receive a free Full Service 40 deposit account and you enjoy the Alberta-based support and reliable service you've come to expect from ATB.
The Medicine Hat Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) is an industry-led non-profit organization that exists to strengthen Medicine Hat's tourism profile through destination awareness. Our vision is to be the trusted leader in promoting Medicine Hat's tourism experience. Our aspirations include being the go-to organization for collaborating, partnering and promoting Medicine Hat as a destination of choice in Alberta.
One initiative that the DMO has launched in 2014 is the Medicine Hat Sun Awards; celebrating excellence in tourism customer service. Our tourism and hospitality industry is full of amazing people doing amazing things, let's recognize them! Nomination, recognition, and great locally focused prizes. More information regarding the Medicine Hat Sun Awards can be found at sunawards.ca.
The Chamber was pleased to participate in a Business Link webinar recently which introduced three new tools and online resources available for small business from the Government of Alberta:
Canada-Alberta Job Grant
• The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is an employer-driven training program, where employers decide on who gets training and what type of training may be needed for new and existing employees. Employers must use a third-party training provider to deliver the formal training either onsite, online, or in a classroom setting and the government will provide 2/3 of the funding for training (up to a maximum of $10,000 per employee and $300,000 per employer per fiscal year April-March).
Alberta Small Business Resources
• Alberta Small Business Resources is a directory of business resources for new and established entrepreneurs. Learn about strategies and initiatives underway to drive small business in Alberta, find answers to various questions or ask an expert business advisor for help
Alberta Economic Dashboard
• The economic dashboard compiles the Alberta economy's most important indicators for businesses in one place. Get a quick snapshot of our current economic state or explore each indicator in more detail. In approximately June 2015, a regional economic dashboard is slated to be released with information pertaining to our region.
You probably saw them at the Great West Home & Leisure Show this past weekend and you admired their wide selection of attractive window coverings, but what you may not have known is that Chamber members receive 30% off Custom Signature Series window coverings at Budget Blinds on South Railway when you present your Chamber card.
It's never been easier or more economical as a Chamber member for you to get the extra exposure your business is looking for! With your choice of advertising here in our weekly e-newsletter or monthly on our website there is an option for every type of business and every sized budget. Weekly advertorials add the extra value of a written message and are limited to one per week ensuring that advertisers get exclusive advertorial exposure the week they book or choose to advertise on our website - its the hub of business activity and resources in our region and is the go-to place for business-related news.
The City of Medicine Hat recently launched "Medicine Hat: Favourite Places", and they invite members of the public to share their own videos, photos, etc to highlight the great places and spaces in our city. You can participate and celebrate your favorite places and events by emailing your videos or photos, using #medhatfaves in tweets or posting on the City's Facebook Page.
Members receive $15 worth of free tokens when purchasing $15 worth at Ruckers Fun Centre! Please remember to present your Chamber membership card to redeem this discount.
Public Works and Government Service Canada (PWGSC) and the Department of National Defence (DND) Suffield, on behalf of the British Army Training Unit Suffield (BATUS) are pleased to invite you to attend an Industry Engagement Day to discuss an upcoming requirement for a BATUS Adventure Training Centre (BATC).
PWGSC, on behalf of DND Suffield (acting as agent for BATUS) intends to tender and enter into a multi-year contract for a BATUS Adventure Training Centre (Canada) (BATC Canada). BATC Canada is a base for BATUS Adventure Training (AT) and Challenge Pursuit (CP) activities, used by the British Military (Army) deployed on permanent or temporary duty in Canada. Under the BATC Canada contract, the contractor will be required to provide Real Life Support (hospitality) with the potential to also include all adventure training and challenge pursuit activities. In addition, the centre should be in a suitable location near the foothills of the Canadian Rockies, Alberta where most of the AT and CP are held. There is currently a contract in place for this requirement that will expire March 31, 2017 and BATUS requires a new contract to start April 1, 2017 for an anticipated duration of 5 – 15 years. The estimated value of this contract is anticipated at $20-$25M with the potential to add AT and CP activities under this one contract for up to an additional $10M.
Purpose and Nature of the Industry Day:
PWGSC is requesting Industry feedback regarding the upcoming BATC Canada requirement. The purpose of the Industry Engagement session is to:
a) Initiate discussions with industry on the requirement for the new contract;
b) Share plans with industry, solicit input and engage in dialogue regarding the requirements of BATC Canada;
c) To understand what Contractors have to offer and leverage their expertise to develop a procurement strategy that achieves the project’s objectives; and
e) Elicit feedback from industry to questions posed.
These consultations will ensure the Request for Proposal phase of this project (anticipated for Spring 2015) is done efficiently, effectively and best serves the needs of the British Army Training Unit Suffield.
The Engagement Session will take place:
Date: Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Time: 8:30a.m. to 12:30pm (registration at 8:30am, consultation will begin at 9:00a.m.)
Place: Harry Hays Building (Kathryn Room) , 220-4th Ave SE, Calgary, AB
Contact Meagan Kowal, Supply Specialist, PWGSC Acquisitions Branch
Email: [email protected]Please register by Monday, November 3, 2014
- If you are unable to attend the Industry Day, you are encouraged to send any questions or comments that you may have to Meagan, at the email address above.
- The information collected may be used by Canada in the upcoming Request For Proposal.
- Non-attendance will not preclude a supplier from bidding on this requirement when the Request For Proposal is ultimately published.
- Participants will not be reimbursed for any cost incurred by attending the Industry Day.
Please feel free to pass this information on to anyone in your community who may be interested in attending.