The Chamber holds the annual awards in support of National Small Business Week, with the very first awards being presented over 18 years ago. The awards were first initiated with two categories, Small Business of the Year and Large Business of the Year, and have evolved over the years to the 15 categories that are presented.
This year's theme is 'The Elements of Business'
This year’s event theme, “The Elements of Business”, represents the business experiment that is at the heart of every commercial venture. Every entrepreneur takes a look at the market and tests out their idea like a scientist uses an experiment to prove a hypothesis. In the lab of the marketplace a business equation is tested, and with the formula being tweaked and adjusted carefully and thoughtfully to account for challenges and variables, the final product should equal success.
Congratulations to all our award winners:
- Business Ethics - Hiebert Cabinets
- Community Involvement - Pritchard & Co. Law Firm LLP
- Customer Service - Anytime Fitness
- Employer of Persons with Disabilities - Boston Pizza - Box Springs
- Employer of Youth - Medicine Hat Mavericks
- Export - Parrish & Heimbecker
- Franchise Business - Anytime Fitness
- Innovation - Kinetisense Inc.
- Large Business - South Country Co-op Limited
- Marketing - Safety Buzz ETC Ltd.
- New Business - Adapt Mobility
- Small Business - Safety Buzz ETC Ltd.
- Southeast Alberta Shines - Medicine Hat Exhibition & Stampede
- Young Entrepreneur - Kinetisense Inc.
- Award of Excellence - Pritchard & Co. Law Firm LLP
Click HERE to see the full list of nominees for the 2018 Business Awards!
2017 Business Awards
2016 Business Awards